If you’re following my blog, you’re probably wondering why I haven’t been posting a lot recently. The reason for that is that I feel slightly disillusioned with Kibbe at this point.
I have spent so much time reading the book over and over, researching online and everything. I was finally at a point where I thought I had figured it out and then I stumbled onto the strictly kibbe facebook group. David posts in this community from time to time and everything he says seems to contradict the book and online resources and I feel like I’m back to the start. I have no clue where to go from here… I don’t even know if I am a theatrical romantic. After everything I’ve read, I could be any of the types.
Things that I recently learned:
- Kibbe’s system is not about your lines and has only to do with your essence
- you cannot be typed on the internet based on photos
- there are no certain bodily features that always appear in a certain type (e.g. waspish waist for TR)
- items of clothing cannot be typed and cannot be used for testing your type
- you cannot type yourself by only using the quiz
- individual features like nose, shoulder or hip shape cannot be used to determine your type
- ratios and measurements are not guiding you to your type
So what is guiding you to your type, besides a personal appointment with David Kibbe? I don’t know. There are exercises and stuff posted by him in the group to help you, but his writing style is just a pain and the posts are so ethereal and hardly contain any information. I’m a very logical person. I like categories and on point descriptions. I just can’t work with the stuff he is posting, because it means nothing to me. I feel like I spent several years figuring out this system completely in vain. And that I have no clue, what to do know. I felt so comfortable working on my TR image and now I’m just back to the start. I’m not sure which type I am. It’s even worse now, as I now even consider dramatic or classic. As an example, Mila Kunis is usually typed as a soft natural when you look her up online. But she is a kibbe verified Theatrical Romantic. Look at her next to me. Are there any similarities? If there are I don’t see them. Mila Kunis looks nothing like what I imagined a TR would look like…
But what does a TR look like according to Kibbe?
“utterly feminine and shimmering physical beauty, along with a very strong and defined sense of self and purpose”
Do I look like that? Mila Kunis must look like that, but I can’t even begin to picture that description…